Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about Henry VI, Part 3
Critical sites about Henry VI, Part 3
- Alarums and Defeats: Henry VI on Tour
- “The importance of provincial touring to early modern performance culture hasundergone a substantial re-assessment in recent years, opening up the possibility oftouring as a new context for criticism. Shakespeare’s 3 Henry VI is thought to havebeen toured by Pembroke’s Men in the early 1590s. This paper suggests that the playwas written to be toured and attempts a reading of the play’s treatment of regionaland social identity which is located in a provincial, touring milieu. The EnglishShakespeare’s Company’s late 1980s tour of the play (the first tour since the 1590s)affords an opportunity to explore how the play ‘works’ in a touring context.”
- Contains: Historical Context,
- Author: Stuart Hampton-Reeves
- From: Early Modern Literary Studies 5.2 (September, 1999): 1.1-18
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about Henry VI, Part 3!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for Henry VI, Part 3 outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Henry VI, Part 3:
Henry VI, Part 3 on the About network:
Factual information on Henry VI, Part 3:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Henry VI, Part 3‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013