Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about The House of the Spirits
The narrator, Alba, draws upon her grandmother’s memories of their family history and her own imagination to survive being taken captive and tortured.
Characters: Alba, Clara, Blanca, Esteban Garcia
Keywords: La casa de los espiritus, Chile, magic realism
Critical sites about The House of the Spirits
- The Power Behind the Language of Isabel Allende
- Critical analysis which uses the two novels – “The House of the Spirits” and “Of Love and Shadows” as a basis for the thesis that “In her novels, Isabel Allende expresses the significance of language, her own as well as her characters’, by using fiction to retell the history that in the past has been silenced.”
- Contains: Historical Context, Content Analysis, Character Analysis
- Author: Elvia Lizeth Escobedo
- From: Berkeley McNair Journal Winter 1996, Volume 4
- Keywords: La casa de los espiritus, De amor y de sombra, Chile
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about The House of the Spirits!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for The House of the Spirits outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for The House of the Spirits:
The House of the Spirits on the About network:
Factual information on The House of the Spirits:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
The House of the Spirits‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013