Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about Julius Caesar
Shakespeare’s tragedy about the conspiracy and betrayals that lead to Caeser’s murder.
Characters: Julius Caeser, Cassius, Marc Antony, Brutus, Calpurna
Keywords: Ides of March, assassination
Critical sites about Julius Caesar
- Character Analyses
- “Over the years, scholars have analysed many of the characters in Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar. The Variorum editions organize much of this scholarly commentary into what we might think of as “threaded discussions” about individual characters that have occurred over theseveral hundred years following the original publication of the play.”
- Contains: Character Analysis
- Author: Horace Howard Furness, Jr.
- From: 1913 Julius Caesar Variorum
- William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar
- “You may choose from the several different editions of Shakespeare’s play listed. In addition, this site provides critical material on Julius Caesar in a variety of different forms. You may read the commentary alongside editions 1.) and 3.) by clicking into those editions and using the link menu on the right side of the screen. A pop-up menu will appear with the commentary inside. You may also select from the additional criticism list underneath. This second list includes the scholarly commentary gathered by an editor — of the original Variorum edition — that is not included in the page-by-page commentary. In the print edition of the Variorum, most of this can be found in the appendix. This material has been drawn from approximately three hundred years of scholarly discussions among various editors and critics of the play.”
- Contains: Plot Summary, Character Analysis, Historical Context, Content Analysis, Bibliography
- From: Perseus Project
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about Julius Caesar!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for Julius Caesar outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Julius Caesar:
Julius Caesar on the About network:
Factual information on Julius Caesar:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Julius Caesar‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013