Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about The Machine Stops
Futuristic story where mankind has become dependent on a worldwide Machine that isolates individuals from each other.
Characters: Vashti, Kuno
Critical sites about The Machine Stops
- Connecting with E.M. Forster
- Essay which uses the “only connect” theme of “Howard’s End” to evaluate Forster’s vision of technology in the future as found in his short story “The Machine Stops”.
- Contains: Plot Summary, Historical Context, Content Analysis
- Author: Sidney Perkowitz
- From: The American Prospect no. 26 (May-June 1996): 86-89
- Keywords: human isolation, futuristic visions
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about The Machine Stops!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for The Machine Stops outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for The Machine Stops:
The Machine Stops on the About network:
Factual information on The Machine Stops:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
The Machine Stops‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013