Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about War and Other Measures
by Gary Geddes
Critical sites about War and Other Measures
- Gary Geddes’ War and other Measures: An Analysis
- “The War Measures Act was invoked in 1970 in response to F.L.Q. terrorism. Gary Geddes’ allusion to this, and the deliberate vagueness of “other” — both in the title — contribute to and are consistent with the ironies and ambiguities which inform War and other measures (1976). The allusion also adds emotional and historical dimensions to Geddes’ exploration, through the consciousness of his narrator, of the background of violence and psychological disorientation that leads to the poem’s climax.”
- Contains: Content Analysis, Historical Context
- Author: Donald R. Bartlett
- From: Canadian Poetry vol. 8
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about War and Other Measures!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for War and Other Measures outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for War and Other Measures:
War and Other Measures on the About network:
Factual information on War and Other Measures:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
War and Other Measures‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013