Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about White Noise
by Don DeLillo
Minimalist novel about technology and death
Characters: Jack Gladney, Babette
Critical sites about White Noise
- Hitler Studies in Don DeLillo’s White Noise
- “Don DeLillo’s White Noise is a story about Jack Gladney, a fifty-one year old college professor living in a small American town, and his attempt to deal with his fear of death. A secondary but related topic in White Noise, as well as in DeLillo’s other novels, is the representation of Nazi ideology and its echoes in postmodern society. While in The Names, DeLillo’s previous novel, the issue of Nazi ideology is presented on an international level, in White Noise the issue is focused on American society, and in particular on Jack Gladney, Chairman of the department of Hitler Studies at the College-on-the-Hill.”
- Contains: Content Analysis
- Author: Septimius Fericean
- From: Node9 Volume 2, 1998
- Keywords: Nazi ideology, University life
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about White Noise!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for White Noise outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for White Noise:
White Noise on the About network:
Factual information on White Noise:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
White Noise‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013