Bronchiectasis Conclusion

1405 Words6 Pages
After completion of study , results of 70 patients with bronchiectasis have been analysed. Clinical data for all patients was reviewed and following observations and results were documented. Descriptive statistics like mean, standard deviation[SD] and percentage[%] were used to express the data. 1. GENDER DISTRIBUTION : TABLE-1 DISTRIBUTION OF STUDY GROUP BY GENDER GENDER NUMBER OF PATIENTS PERCENTAGE Males 42 60% Females 28 40% The total number of patients involved in the study were 70. Out of which 42[60%] were males and remaining 28[40%] were females. Male to female ratio was 1.5:1. GRAPH 1 DISTRIBUTION OF STUDY GROUP BY GENDER 2. AGE DISTRIBUTION…show more content…
MICROBIOLOGICAL PROFILE : TABLE-9 MICROBIOLOGICAL PROFILE DISTRIBUTION Microorganism Cystic Cylindrical Varicose Total Streptococcus pneumonia 16(22.85%) 6(8.57%) 2(2.8%) 24(34.28%) Hemophilus influenza 10(14.28%) 6(8.57%) 0(0%) 16(22.85%) Pseudomonas aeroginosa 24(34.28%) 4(5.71%) 0(0%) 28(40%) Sterile 2(2.8%) 0(0%) 0(0%) 2(2.8%) Total 52(74.28%) 16(22.85%) 2(2.8%) 70(100%) The most common organism isolated was Pseudomonas in 28(40%) patients , among which 24(34.28%) patients had cystic type of bronchiectasis and remaining 4(5.71%) patients had cylindrical type. The next common organism isolated was S.pneumoniae in 24(34.28%) patients. No pathological organisms were isolated in 2 (2.8%) patients. There was significant increased isolation of pseudomonas from cystic group compared to cylindrical bronchiectasis. GRAPH-6 MICROBIOLOGICAL PROFILE MICROORGANISM CYSTIC CYLINDRICAL P VALUE PSEUDOMONAS 24[34.28%] 4[5.71%] 0.02 TABLE -10 DISTRIBUTION OF PSEUDOMONAS BY TYPE OF BRONCHIECTASIS The predominantly isolated microorganism was pseudomonas in 40% of the cases There was significantly higher isolation of Pseudomonas from cystic type of bronchiectasis compared to cylindrical type of

More about Bronchiectasis Conclusion

Open Document