The authors of the report — Mansour Kiani, Khalil Attar and Jila Habibi — estimated that approximately 23.3 million Iranian city dwellers live under the poverty line and cannot subsist on their incomes. The report did not include statistics for rural Iran. Furthermore, 46 percent of Iranian women ages 15 to 24 are unemployed, and the unemployment rate for young adults is twice that of the general unemployment rate. This means that the country is officially in an unemployment crisis. And it seems that Iranians who are employed are powerless in pushing to increase pay, benefits and working
The most of the poverty is present in Africa and in the countries of the Third World. In addition, a lot of children die in these countries because of disease or famine. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty. And they “die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. Being meek and weak in life makes these dying multitudes even more invisible in death“.
More than one-fifth of children under the age of five in the developing countries face extreme poverty compared to 15% of 15-17 year old that live in poverty.It is appalling that children, as young as five years old are in danger. Specifically, Sub-Saharan Africa has both the highest rates of children living in extreme poverty at just under 49 %, and the largest share of the world’s extremely poor children, at just over 51%. 2 in 3 children suffer from childhood poverty, and according to Unicef, over 30% of Indian children lived in
For a starting point, it is important to keep in mind that Arab societies are associated more with social classes, ethnic groups, religious, and nationalities. Thus, having hierarchal system creates much more differences inside the society itself. Therefore, as Joseph, (1994) states that “the centrality of family in the Arab world
The Arab World : Society, Culture, and State by Halim Isber Barakat discusses the history of the Arab nation including colonization which created structural separation resulting in a diverse economic situation. Despite this separation, there is a sense of loyalty towards the
Indeed, the Arab world has failed to represent itself. There is lack of critical and cultural study of the West and the United States in comparison to overflowing representations of Europe and the United States in Arabs’ daily lives. There are violent confrontations between Arabs and the United States. Arabs regularly consider the United States as the cause of their woes and Americans see Arabs as a symbol of violence and anti-Americanism, the result would undoubtedly be an ending conflict. Said stresses “I’m not saying that Arabs are innocent, nor am I saying that the fault is entirely the United States.
Since the sub-Saharan region is highly information poor, it is therefore also economically poor. The graphical representation that follows demonstrates how Africa as a whole has negatively suffered due to information poverty [see map]. It is important to realise that only one country in the entire sub-Saharan region is in the top 50 richest countries. It is also important to realise that the northern region of Africa has more countries with higher gross domestic products (GDP) figures than the sub-Saharan region Information poverty also plays a big role in one’s human development and social interaction. Research by the American Psychological Association (ASA) show’s that one’s childhood plays a very important role into how they view the world as adults (ASA, 2013).
This means that 1.4 billion people or 21% of the world 's population live in extreme poverty. Unfortunately, women and children account for a sizeable portion of those who live in poverty. It is my opinion and belief that education can break barriers in order to escape or come out of poverty, but on the other hand poverty has been seen to cause problems in education as it can also limit student’s true potential. Children coming from a poor background usually look and dress differently from others from an upper class
Afghanistan is the 40th largest country in the world in terms of population and has an estimated population of around 29.9 million in 2017, of which 15 million are males and 14.2 million females. About 22% of them are urbanite and the remaining 78% live in rural areas. Afghanistan shares its borders with Pakistan in the south and east; Iran in the west; Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan in the north (Wikipedia). Kabul is the capital of Afghanistan and the currency is called as “Afghan Afghani” and 1 US Dollars is equal to 68.95 Afghan Afghani. The north of the country consists of fertile plains, while the south and south-west consist of desert lands where the temperature can get very hot during summer.