Describe The Northern/Union Advantages And Disadvantages Of The Civil War Essay
918 Words4 Pages
1. What was the purpose of the Civil War for:
Preserve the union, and then later on ending slavery. The South/Confederacy?
To keep the confederacy and maintain slavery.
2. Describe the Northern/Union advantages and disadvantages during the Civil War.
More fighting men
Officers not aggressive enough
Believed war would be over quickly
3. Describe the Southern/Confederate advantages and disadvantages during the Civil War.
Officers extremely aggressive
Fighting on home ground
Less fighting men and supplies
4. Describe the Northern/Union strategy to win…show more content… Who were the “copperheads?”
Anti-War democrat who wanted immediate peace settlement with the Confederates who opposed the Civil War.
14. What was the role of Britain during the Civil War?
The English funded the South.
15. What was the impact of new technology on the Civil War?
They could relay information easier, kill quicker, and make more weapons faster.
16. Why was the Battle of Bull Run significant?
The first land battle of the civil war
17. Why was the Battle of Antietam significant in terms of:
a. Northern morale?
It was the bloodiest day in American history, the Union won, and Lincoln issue the Emancipation Proclamation.
b. British involvement?
The British stopped supporting the Confederacy.
It allowed Lincoln to issue the Emancipation Proclamation.
18. Why was the Emancipation Proclamation significant?
It released slaves to the Union
19. What was the foreign impact of the Emancipation Proclamation?
The countries came to help the union because the E.P. prevented countries from supporting the confederacy because the confederacy meant support for slavery.
20. What was the domestic impact of the Emancipation Proclamation?
The slaves were free, but they were still treated as