Money can eliminate the struggle of money problems, which most likely outcomes to unhappiness, additionally, money can buy happiness as long as one gives some of the money away. Proponents argue causes of happiness that are attained because of money or wealth is most importantly because of where the money is being spent. Being wealthy or having a fortune is not always about spending ones money on themselves. In fact, some of the wealthiest people on earth are most likely to become miserable because of how they tend to spend their money. In “Can Money Buy Happiness?” Flynn (2013) writes that Elizabeth Dunn and Michael Norton have proved evidence that spending money on others and by helping them is how money buys happiness.
Persuasive Argument National Athletes are/are not Paid Too Much The topic, pro athletes are/are not paid too much, is a heated argument between people. Have you ever thought about it? Well, an answer that I’m sure would be agreed with is that national athletes are paid way too much money. Some people might say that they deserve what they get, but there really isn’t any supportive reasons for that. People know that doctors and firefighters save lives, while athletes play a game to make money.
That didn't stop him. He’d walk to school and occasionally someone would give him a life to school. This was something his peers at Rearden weren't used to. They never had to walk to school because they didn't have gas money but that didn't stop Arnold. His family being in poverty made him an outcast at his new school.
They do not want to go into debt because they know that they may not be able pay it back. But, even though they are poor, the Cunninghams “get along on what they have”. They do not ever take the pity gifts that society gives them because they want to earn everything honestly. They deserve the benefits of society because they do not have the opportunity that other families would have based on their social class. These respectable people are entitled to more than what they have because they are more honorable than the privileged of the
If you have the right kind of thoughts, you will get what you want. The wealthy people have only successful thoughts hence why they only seem to get wealthier by the day. Poor people on the other hand, seem to languish in more poverty. Yes, because they only think of themselves as so. This is not their fault though.
Although the concept of the rich supporting the lesser off is a beautiful one, it is a very unrealistic ideal. This would only be possible in a perfect world, one without greed. This is evident to this day as most billionaires turn their families into long lasting empires and some even die with their money collecting dust in the bank. It’s ironic because Carnegie is constantly attacking communism in order to advance his own viewpoints ( another ideal that would only work in a perfect world). Both concepts lack incentive, as for carnegies viewpoints, the incentive to be generous instead of hoarding riches like a dragon.
According to “Should Everyone Get a Trophy?” by Lauren Tarshis, a boy named Lucas at the age of 12 has a lot of trophies and has admitted that he didn’t exactly earn these trophies for his athletic skill. Young athletes aren’t going to learn, value, and grow by playing sports the real way, not to earn trophies but to win/have fun and be a good teammate. Kids shouldn’t get trophies for everything because athletes contribute their lives in sports and yet they haven’t gotten trophy. 57% of Americans say only kids who win should get trophies. The other 43% think that it’s not only about winning but being a good teammate.
First impressions are very basic and many times biased or totally false because you have yet to “scratch the iceberg of their personality”. That is where social standings come in, most people believe that the more people you surround yourself with, the more social you are, but it’s a mixture of that and also what random people think of you. Wealth, fidelity, and honesty majorly affect a person’s social standing, but Fitzgerald teaches us that wealthy people still have problems. It is said that money doesn 't buy happiness, but in fact money can provide you with a happiness that poverty does not provide. Now that being said there is some truth to that statement; seeing as money brings its own complications.
According to the article “The Madness of Materialism,” by Taylor who says that people today believe that the key to happiness is money or buying things for yourself. The people that say money is the key to happiness is wrong because you can use the money on yourself but it doesn’t make you feel better. People who don’t have a lot of money are happier than the people with