Essay On Should College Athletes Be Paid

730 Words3 Pages

College Athletes

There have been issues with how to pay college athletes that attend 4 year universities(“College Athletes Should Be Paid” 1). There are many thoughts, and ideas regarding this topic(“College Athletes Should Be Paid” 1). Even though 40% of people disagree with paying College athletes, the other 60% truly feel that student athletes should be compensated(“College Athletes Should Be Paid” 2). For some student athletes, playing collegiate sports is equivalent to a full time job without compensation (“Why College Athletes Deserve Compensation” 1). There is nowhere near enough time throughout the day to accomplish what student athletes at the collegiate level need to be successful, not only …show more content…

The revenue growth of NCAA mandated sports is due mainly to the popularity of college athletics(“Compensation Is Needed For College Athletes” 3).The NCAA owns full ownership of the NIL endorsement deals(“Reasons Why Student Athletes Should Be Paid” 3).Athletes understand the process and endure every bit of it(“Reasons Why College Athletes Should Be Paid” 2).Student athletes can generate revenue from their jersey sales, clothing brands, or other items they may have that fans are allowed to purchase(“Reasons Why College Athletes Should Be Paid” …show more content…

As the NCAA revenue continues to climb, pressure to pay student athletes is growing(“Why college athletes deserve compensation” 1).Former NFL player Michael Bennett told ESPN, “Heck yeah college athletes should be paid(Reasons Why Student Athletes Should Be Paid” 2).He says “NCAA gets paid, Rose Bowl gets paid, everybody gets paid except the people making the product(“Reasons Why Student Athletes Should Be Paid” 2). There is an extreme amount of attention brought to curtain sports around the world, and that is Football, and Basketball(“Why College Athletes Should Be Compensated” 1). These sports alone generate Billions of dollars every year for just such a short period of time, and this revenue that is being brought in from not only these two sports, but the other sports that other 4-year universities may have, is not being used in the right ways(“Why College Athletes Should Be Compensated” 2). The money that is being brought in every year seems to never find the student

Open Document