According to Andrew Biggs’s article published in the National Review in 2010, “women are also four times more likely to leave the workforce temporarily to care for children. This reduces seniority and job-specific skills and discourages employers from investing in female employees, who may not stay long enough for such investments to pay off.” Also, women prefer to be employed in flexible jobs that have more benefits than higher wages, which are usually found in non-profit sectors of an economy. Besides, men take up jobs that involve more physical risk and danger in exchange for a higher wage. According to the American Association of University Women reports, men are 4 times more likely to negotiate and bargain when it comes to wages in a new job than women. Additionally, in sports, many argue that men deserve to be paid more than women despite both male and female doing the same job, i.e.
There are currently a number of various social inequalities that face our society today. Most of today 's issues have to deal with racial inequality. One issue we have faced in our nation for several decades is gender inequality, more specifically the gender pay gap. In an article released by American Enterprise Institute (AEI), There really is no “gender wage gap.’ There’s a ‘gender earnings gap’ but ‘paying women well’ won’t close that gap, by Mark Perry argues why the gender pay gap doesn’t matter. In another article by CQ Researcher, Women and Work, written by Michelle Johnson disagrees with Perry and that women need to be paid the same as men.
Girls are supposed to have and they 're nurtured and encouraged accordingly this is reinforced in all areas including education the media and eventually the workforce this is actually a great time to mention Stanfield which are generally perceived as being male jobs if you look on the surface The Stereotype might seem pretty accurate because women make up about half the overall Workforce but only make up 27% of science and engineering jobs however there are many social factors in place that can contribute to this such as a lot of encouragement and schools alaka representation and women 's science and the media harassment within educational programs on the workforce on also discrimination by employers the third contributing factor to the wage Gap is what 's commonly referred to as the second shift studies done by Freeman so that women spend more time doing to mastic labor than their husbands which frees up the husband 's to spend more time in the workplace according to this research modern women do about 2 to 3 times more household work such as cooking cleaning or taking care of the children than men do however in the last half-century who have been out into the
With having to pay more for products that need to be used for their daily hygiene and services like drying clean, it's just something that shouldn’t exist. In addition to paying more for products, women are commonly paid less than men “In 2015, female full-time workers made only 79 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 21 percent.” (Pay Equity & Discrimination) While society keeps telling us that gender equal is strong, the price tags in products as well as salary show just how far we are from it. Taking charge and being aware of these problems in society will eventually led to changes. Will the end of inequality of the sexes ever be achieved? It’s definitely something to
Public information collected by the International Trade Union Confederation, shows the global gender pay gap ranges from 3 percent all the way up to 51 percent. Another way women are treated unfairly in the workplace is the effort they put in. Studies have shown women typically have to work longer to earn a promotion than a man. It is proven that women are 15% less likely than men to get promoted. Social out casting is another thing that affects women and young girls today.
Matthew pursed his lips. “Okay, but even if they do under-compensate those fields, women take time off work for motherhood anyways. That’s the reason for the ‘pay gap, ' as you call it,” he said, using quotation marks. “If they didn’t take time off to take care of children, they would have a higher income. They miss vital pay raises while they’re gone,” “First of all, women don’t usually leave the workforce for children.
Alternet. 29 March 2016. Editors, Biography.com. "Rita Moreno Biography." n.d.
But, for several years in the 1990s the pay gap widened (Murphy, 17). According to www.aauw.org in 2014, the payment of women to men was significantly smaller. It showed that women only got paid, on average, 79% of what men were paid, leaving a 21% gap (www.aauw.org, 3). This gap does