Problem Solution Essay: Can We Prevent Climate Change?

746 Words3 Pages
“The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization.” A quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson (Trask). A mere half of America believes that climate change is predominantly caused by humans, even though 69% of America accept that climate change is an actual event (Marlon). The other 31% needs to identify what climate change is, what it causes, and how it can be prevented. Before they can learn anything else, the citizens of America along with the rest of the planet need to know what climate change is. The greenhouse effect is not a term known by the average American. However, it is practically climate change. The greenhouse effect is when greenhouse gases become trapped in the atmosphere, consequently acting like a blanket to prevent any outgoing solar energy to escape. This causes the increased warming that generates all the issues. According to the Earth Works Group, carbon dioxide is responsible for 50% of the greenhouse effect. Other greenhouse gases that add to this issue are chlorofluorocarbon, methane, and nitrous oxide (The). Moreover, what does the increased temperature cause?
Global warming is a
…show more content…
Only half of America is awakiiuhygnre that global warming is mainly caused by humans, even fewer realize that they can prevent it. The public knows it exists, and they know it is preventable. It is simply getting them to believe in it and realize that humankind doesn’t have a planet B. Simply since one person says that it is a conspiracy, or a few articles on social media claim that the ice is growing back, we have to remember that climate change is an extremely serious issue that needs addressed. I hope that I have convinced you that climate change needs to be known (what it is and what it causes), along with how it can be prevented. One person can make an enormous difference. Will that person be
Open Document