Career Development

1368 Words6 Pages
Introduction Employees in an organization have always been key assets as they drive the company to its performance thereby gaining competitive advantage. Their departure could have significant effects on the implementation of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives and may eventually cause a decline in productivity. Career development has close links with the development of human resources. Where the career development leads to improvement and personal improvement afforded by individuals and organizations to choose a destination and a career path to achieve that goal. Career development is not only referring to regulation but also on the ability of individuals and organizations ability to develop a career of employees. The effective…show more content…
HRD is one of such force about which the banks have to think positively otherwise they will be out of competition. There are various challenges related to HRD in banking such as increased competition, low entry barriers for new players, change in job contents as banks reorganize their operations with the help of IT e.g. Virtual or techno banking etc. HRD opportunities in banking are modernization and computerization of banking. They concluded that continuous quest for skill upgrading at all levels development of vision and mission and commitment are some of the things required in the banking industry. The same principle applies to any collective human activity such as farming, industry and business. The researcher has examined the issues relating to human resource management of selected industries in North Maharashtra in her…show more content…
Saina and Alice Chemeli Tuei (2015) the relationship between the organization and its employees is influenced by what motivates them to work, the rewards and fulfillment they derive from the organization. The objective of the study was to determine the effect of training and career development on employee performance, a study of Kenya Commercial Bank. The study was conducted in 6 KCB branches in the North Rift region. The study adopted a case study research design approach. Census technique was used to collect data from 6 branches of Kenya Commercial Bank in the North Rift Region. The findings of the study indicate that indeed trainings and career development has an impact on their performance. Using regression analysis, it was observed that trainings and career development contributed to 55.29% of employee performance while the rest contributed to 44.71%. The study therefore concluded that trainings and career development highly influence employee performance and thus recommends that KCB and any other financial institution should focus more on trainings and career development in enhancing their employee performance and reduce the employee
Open Document