Inventory Management Case Study Cabela's

220 Words1 Pages
Like REI, Cabela’s manages both consumer direct shipments and store replenishments in the same distribution centers. Cabela’s has three distribution centers as well as two returns processing centers. Each distribution and returns centers being 1 million square feet, can process an excess of 800,000 store, consumer and individual orders. Cabela’s only houses 30% of inventory in its distribution centers and the remaining 70% are stocked at its stores (Supply Chain Digest Home, 2008). Cabela’s had difficulty keeping track of floor stock until it too teamed with Manhattan Associates. Cabela’s new integrated system allows them to provide real-time inventory updates, so that employees can restock showroom storage several times a day. This way inventory

More about Inventory Management Case Study Cabela's

Open Document