This investigation will focus on the question: How much did Japan change the Korean economy between 1930 and 1940? The first source evaluated is The Japanese Role in Korea’s Economic Development was edited by Andrea Savada and William Shaw for the United States Government Publishing
The United States of America and other European countries served as a model for Japanese agricultural development. The Japanese government setup farm machinery manufacturing plants for the agricultural sector. Agricultural Colleges were established for training and education in agriculture. The curriculum at these agricultural institutions was borrowed from the west and was based on the modern scientific method of large scale farming. 50 However these hasty steps failed to address the problems of Japanese agriculture.
BIOFUEL AND FOOD SECURITY IN JAPAN Japan’s population is increasing each year. This will be difficult to provide enough and sufficient food, water and energy for a sustainable livelihood. Japan need to increase their food production. By doing this, the energy use in food production should be environmentally friendly and sustain the natural resources efficiently. Major part of sustainable energy should be based on biofuels.
The biggest supplier of corn in the world the U.S.A (http://www.ers.usda.gov/) . China is considered to be the second biggest consumer of corn, and that demand is growing nowadays and has shifted from staple grains, rice and wheat, to corn (maize). According to a research on (http://www.ers.usda.gov/), china’s demand is expanding rapidly mainly by growth of the population and the growth on animal feed consumption and went from 128 100 MT consumed corn in 2004 to 3 000 000 MT consumed in 2014 (http://www.nationmaster.com/). Despite its huge demand on corn, china has a very poor supplying of this corp, being the 13th biggest exporter of corn in the world and that production is losing rate every year, where the growth rate began at 48% in 1961, and kept going down to -1% in 2014, so the country is in need of importing maize (graph 2). Maize is produced in huge quantities and all over the world, major countries of corn production are first the U.S.A with 361 091000 MT produced in 20014, then china with 215 500 000 MT produced in 2014, and then comes brazil
Because of many people working in manufacturing, the economy of the USA has increased dramatically. Another famous industry that helps the economy of the USA is healthcare. At the end of 2013, this industry has bought $ 21.8 billion to the American government. Thanks to an aging population and rising incidence of chronic diseases, the sector continues to grow and is indeed growing faster than the rest of the market. Healthcare has brought many investors to invest in the USA.
jobs. Most of those jobs went to 17 states, but all states saw some increases. U.S. manufacturers added more than 800,00 jobs between 1993 and 1997. That’s because manufacturers exported $487 billion in 2014. It generated $40,000 in export revenue for each factory worker.
Nonetheless, Japanese workers also helped the economy as well, women and men under very poor working environment, worked to produce many goods for exportation. This labor played a key role to pay for the new utilities and machinery to keep up with the quick industrialization Japan
It accounts 40% of the total manufacturing output and contributes 20% of the country’s total GDP annually. The total demand for pork last 2009 almost reached 1.357 million metric tons where in 97% was produced locally and the remaining 3% are imported (The Meat Site,2010). The swine or hog industry is the second largest contributor to the country’s agriculture next to rice according to 2010’s data. Casually in the same year, the most cause of decline in stocks was caused by a number of losses incurred by farms mainly in Luzon due to pig diseases. The total swine production in 2013 was 2,012.17 thousand metric tons live weight.
Introduction Nowadays, petroleum is one of the most important commodities in the world. The countries that produce petroleum used it as a bargaining tools. They are depending on petroleum resources to develop military, technology, and transportation industries, since World War I (WWI) (Yergin, 1991). As one of the countries that has great economy growth rate in industry and high population. China also has an interest in competition with developed countries to control the world of commodities, especially in oil and gas sector.