1. Describe the narrator. What is her family situation?
- The narrator is Katniss Everdeen and she’s a courageous woman who hunts for her family, so she is the breadwinner basically.
2. What happened to “father”?
- The father of Katniss passed away due to a mine explosion.
1. What does silence at the reaping mean?
- It means that people dislike the hungergames, because they think it’s not good.
2. What does three middle fingers to the mouth and then held out mean?
- It shows respect you have for the tributes that have been selected and that you say goodbye to them.
1. What happens after the anthem?
- Afterwards the tributes go into a room where they can say goodbye to people they care about
2. What type of competitors will she face?
- Katniss will face talented competitors that are skilled in different ways, like throwing spears for example.
1. Why does Katniss perceive Peeta’s kindness as a threat?
- Katniss thinks that he might be faking it and that he’s acting nice, just to survive.
2. Why does Katniss detest Haymitch?
- Katniss detests Haymitch, because he is constantly drunk and not helping her.
1. Why do newcomers like Cinna get assigned District 12?
- People who are new get district 12, because it is considered the worst district of all, so nobody actually voluntarily chooses district 12.
2. Describe the interaction between Peeta and Katniss.
- They are nice to each other, definitely after Katniss kissed Peeta.