Lacoste Brand Analysis

1650 Words7 Pages
When I got this job, without thinking twice, I chose the company of elite sportswear “Lacoste”. I can explain my choice that I was impressed by the character and dedication of the person who created this original brand. Rene Lacoste - French tennis champion of the 20th century, a man who went to his goal through "sweat and blood” and became a symbol of his hometown, in the same time he was the most discussed person there. The famous crocodile, as well as the overall brand “Lacoste” is not just a brand of clothing and footwear, and a symbol of sport and prestige.

Short introduction. How it all began.

Story of this famous brand begins in 1920s on the tennis court, while legendary Rene Lacoste was just a tennis player. Step by step he made
…show more content…
And just after start of their cooperation was created most famous thing, among their production, polo-tennis shirt. Their influence on worlds fashion market was undeniable. After some time when the style became too commonplace, they have expanded their "wardrobe" in a completely different direction. After this changes, their income has increased significantly (each year they started to earn about 150 million dollars only on…show more content…
The big success was the contract signed in 2005 with the French designer Christophe Lemer. However, the designer suggested some changes in the legendary logo of Lacoste - crocodile. According to him, silver update has already managed to become boring image and make it more modern. This decision was very controversial, but what Lemer House Lacoste gave a second wind - it is an indisputable fact. He also began signing contracts with some rising stars of tennis. Over time, Lacoste began to conquer not only the tennis courts, and golf courses: a shirt with an alligator were seen on the golfer Jose Maria Olasaballe and Colin Montgomerie. Demonstration of its products on the winners was the next best marketing ploy for “Lacoste”. Until 2012, Lacoste family retained control of Lacoste , which collectively owned approximately 65% of the company. The remaining 35% belonged to the Swiss retailer Maus Frères. In 2012, it became known that the major brand owners family - Michelle and Sophie Lacoste - sell their shares to the company Maus

More about Lacoste Brand Analysis

Open Document