Essay On Swot Analysis Of Nissan

1055 Words5 Pages
Nissan India is majorly export oriented
Currently, Nissan's production in our country is mostly biased heavily towards the exports. In FY15, Nissan is reported to have exported about nearly 65 percent of its vehicles, which it manufactures in India. Whereas the domestic market only saw sales of remaining 35% of the vehicles. Initially most auto manufacturers decided to launch their India venture by emphasizing on Indian market itself. But in recent past years, they have realized the importance of export as a backup to remain sustainable. In the last four financial years, automobile exports from India grew by 9% on an average through March 2015 in contrast to a dull 1% growth in domestic sales. So consequently, the manufacturers are looking to increase their export operations to compensate for the flat domestic market. Exports from Kamarajar Port in Tamil Nadu have witnessed a growth of 11% in the four months through July 2015. Nissan plant in Chennai has huge capacity and exports its vehicles to more than 100 countries in Africa, the Middle East and Europe. It has exported more than 200,000 vehicles in the last two years through the Kamarjar port.
Kenichiro Yomura, MD & CEO of Nissan India signed the agreement with M.A.
…show more content…
In the last two months, Nissan opened showrooms in Trichy, Tirupati, Sikar, Nasik and Mumbai. Nissan Group of India strengthened its presence in Kashmir with the inauguration of H.K Nissan, its new retail outlet at South City in Srinagar followed by the recent one in Sikar, Rajasthan. Nissan now has a network of 205 sales touch-points, spanning across 148 cities for both Nissan and Datsun vehicles. Inauguration of this dealership is a part of Nissan’s long-term growth in India and the company has a commitment to operate 300 sales and service touch points by the end of the 2016 financial

More about Essay On Swot Analysis Of Nissan

Open Document