Robot Capstone Analysis

Good Essays
Robot Capstone by Gabe Savage

This Robot project has been super fun! However, it 's been hard work and very time consuming. We 've had to overcome many challenges in the planning and building phase to complete our project. We had to scratch some ideas and come up with new ones. But overall, this has been a great experience for me.

It started out with Mr. Force coming in to give us a basic understanding about the robot and how they work. He told us about the hummingbird (motherboard), and how servos, motors, and lights work. He even told us how to put in the wire from the attachments to the hummingbird.(Which ended up being very useful) He also showed us how to program the robots on the app of the robot computers. Without his
…show more content…
The building materials were going to use for it was cardboard, paint, and hot glue to stick it all together. We would have to bring the cardboard from home, but we could get the hot glue, paint, and working parts here. Now first, we had to get the sequence ready and get used to the parts. So, we jumped into that right away.

After plugging everything in and getting the computer running we were ready to begin. After a while we got used to how to sequence each part, so we began to work on the expressions that we would use for the sequence of our own robot. We built each expression for each part and put it into a sequence. We got the lights, motors, and servos expressions done and put into our final expression. However, we still didn’t know how the sequence the motor to keep on working until the distance sensor picks up the upcoming
…show more content…
Force showed us a great many things about these robots, we still had to figure out a lot about them. We planned on planned on using a distance sensor for our robot, but we didn’t know which one that was, we didn’t know how to loop the whole sequence together, and we didn’t know how to download a WAV. Into our program to give our robot sounds. How a lady from Marshall came to our class and helped us get the sounds to work, Mr. Force came another day and helped us with sequencing the sensor, and the loop of the whole sequence we figured out ourselves by clicking a button at the top of the
Get Access