Role Of Inequality In Indonesia

1225 Words5 Pages
Inequality or the development gap between regions in Indonesia is still a challenge that must be completed in the future development. For 30 years (1982-2012) the GDP contribution of the Western Region of Indonesia (KBI), which covers an area of Sumatra, Java and Bali are very dominant, ranging in 80% of GDP, while the role of Eastern Indonesia (KTI) has the remaining 20%. The development gap between regions in the long term could have an impact on social life. The gap between regions can also be inferred from the presence of 122 regencies are disadvantaged. Besides, there is also a gap between rural and urban areas. The development gap between rural and urban and between cities need to be taken seriously to prevent urbanization, which in turn will provide the load and social problems in urban areas. The gap relates to the demographic distribution unbalanced, inadequate infrastructure availability. Development efforts that favor for underdeveloped region becomes a necessity to handle the challenges of inequality and the development gap. The policy of decentralization and regional autonomy in Indonesia as stipulated in Law Number 23 of 2014 on Regional Government set up the system of local government that has the rights, powers and obligations of autonomous regions to set up and manage their own affairs and interests of local communities within the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia. Infrastructure development is expected to improve people 's productivity and
Open Document