9.0 SWOT ANALYSIS
9.1 SWOT Analysis for Kotex’s Herbal Ultra-Thin Pads
• High brand awareness
• Brand leader in ultra-thin towels and standard towels in 2013 in value terms
• Good marketing skills
• High product availability
• Unique herbal sanitary pads Weaknesses
• Herbal features only limited to ultra-thin series
• Declining customers’ confidence
• Rapid market growth
• Trend towards healthy lifestyle Threats
• Rapid technological change
Table 2: SWOT analysis for Kotex’s Herbal Ultra-Thin Pads
1. High brand awareness. Kotex is already a well-known brand among Malaysian consumers.
2. Brand leader in ultra-thin towels and standard towels in 2013 in value terms. Kotex is leading in its ultra-thin towels and therefore our improved ultra-thin pads will be able to tap into current market effortlessly.
3. Good marketing skills. Kotex stands very strongly for years with good marketing skills. We advertise frequently and launch lots of promotional activities.
4. High product availability. Kotex’s Herbal Ultra-Thin Pads will be placed in convenience stores, retail markets and pharmacies, making our product easy to reach by customers.
5. Unique herbal sanitary pads that create values for customers. Nowadays, customers’ are seeking for innovative products. Kotex creates value for its customers by incorporating herbs into its existing ultra-thin sanitary pads to fulfill customers’ needs and wants and eventually gain customers’
THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
A PROJECT REPORT ON
“DEMAND ANALYSIS OF HUL’S PRODUCT SURF EXCEL ”