12. The TLC data obtained is provided in a table below. The TLC data was conducted solely in a 9:1 hexane/ethyl acetate solvent solution as opposed to the 1:1 and pure hexane solution as well. This was due to the lack of time, but as explained in number 7, a very polar solvent (1:1 solution) or non-polar solvent (pure hexane) is not ideal when obtaining
Throughout the experiment, there was a struggle to keep the heat stable which led to inaccurate data. Additionally, while changing the receiver from cyclohexane to toluene there was a loss of distillate which also led to the errors observed in the data. Furthermore, if more data were collected for each compound it would be a better representation of the experiment's results. If these errors were avoided, then the experiment would be more efficient in distilling the two compounds from each other and the plateau would be as sharp as figure 6 in the lab
The measuring tape we have used is better than a ruler, stretching up to 3 meters, therefore making it reliable, its only weaknesses is that we have to determine where it ends on the tape and it is not always straight. Also the cans we have used are highly reliable as it were all the same temperature and contained the same amount of liquid inside them. The pavement we have used is not as reliable since we could not have seen which marks were which soda which may mean we might mistake a mark for another soda and measure it incorrectly. Our variables are likely yo be correct compared to what our research question was and the tools we have used is also
The results were expected, since a difference in the odors of the enantiomers was detected, and the polarimeter showed that the two enantiomers rotated light to about the same degree in opposite directions. In the polarimetry experiment, the two absolute values of degrees of rotation were not exactly identical due to small errors caused by dust or other impurities in the sample. In the oil wafting experiment, some may not have been able to differentiate between the two enantiomers if their noses lacked the chiral receptors required to recognize this
Conclusion: In conclusion we did experiments to find out the salt and fat content in 10g of popcorn/chips. So that we could then compare it to what the packet says to see if that is correct or not. In the end our results did not correspond with the answers on the packet. However they were not too far fetched so knowing that I can say that the answer on the packet is probably correct.
If the beans aren’t of a uniform weight, the mass of a group of ten brown beans could vary depending on what beans were weighed. If this is the case, then the calculations will not be accurate. Isotopes of the same type will have a much more uniform weight. Despite these sources of error, the experiment was successful in representing the variations of the different isotopes of an
That is why there is no unusual data (almost all data was unusual), mainly because the experiment was done poorly. Research: My research is: (Primary Sources: Andrew Winebarger, youtube, How to make a toy parachute, 2008. ) (Secondary Sources:Yahoo Answers.) Reliability: In my data, you could see that the 5.5 m drop took longer than 6m drop. However, I highly doubt that as I don’t believe my experiment is all that reliable (In the 5.5m fall, the parachute did hit the brick line which definitely would affect the drop time).
The results of the phenol-sulfuric acid analysis conducted in this experiment suggest that the data acquired was relatively precise but inaccurate with respect to the given carbohydrate concentrations of the soda and Gatorade samples. Using a standard curve generated from a glucose solution with a known concentration, the carbohydrate concentration of the samples was determined (in terms of glucose) and a low coefficient of variation was calculated. However, a high percent relative error was apparent in the analysis of both samples. This may have been due to the fact that the analysis was conducted assuming glucose was the carbohydrate of interest, while, in fact, a significant portion of the monosaccharides would have existed as fructose (a
Also we can see that because the data was taken at a certain time the results will not work for all times of the day. The experiment can be improved by using more accurate measurement when it comes to time and the distance, however this would not affect the results significantly because they are already very precise. Also the temperature could be taken digitally so that the thermometer’s bulb is not affected as much by the light intensity
These include the relatively small sample size, the single-session design, and the use of nonclinical samples. If these tests were conducted over a longer period of time with multiple sessions, it would have shown if EFT’s efficacy was stable and long lasting. Using a larger, clinical sample would have shown greater indication for EFT’s effect on the general public. In addition, human error could have affected the reliability of using salivary cortisol assays to measure cortisol levels. If there was a more accurate way to measure cortisol levels without the intervention of human error, this study could have benefited from it.