They can be found in depths between 50 feet and 300 feet. Red Snappers are a heavily regulated species with a smaller population. The Red Snapper is considered as reef fish, meaning that they eat smaller creature from the reefs (Oceana). Which consist of smaller fishes, crustaceans, octopuses, squids (Oceana). Most adult Red
Daphnia Introduction: Daphnia is a large genus comprising over 200 species of small freshwater crustaceans that belongs to the family Daphniidae and the order “Cladocera”. The common name of Daphnia is water flea and this name is due to jerky-flea like swimming movement. Daphnia often live is freshwater bodies of relative different quality including swamps, lakes, streams and rivers. Description: Daphnia in general are small and may range from as small as 0.5 mm to as long as 5.0 mm in length, sometimes more; and hence some daphnia species can be seen by naked eyes (e.g. Daphnia magna) , while others must are microscopic (e.g.
They vary in sizes. For instance, the largest one (Sepia apama) has mantle which 50cm in length. Other species sizes are between 25cm to 15cm.They feed on other cuttlefish, fish, octopodes, small mollusks, crabs, and shrimps. This report discusses the cuttlefish behavior and its ecology. The internal and external body structure of cuttlefish comprised of various structures that influence their behaviors.
This report will mainly focus on two adaptive features of leaves: i.e. underwater leaves and floating leaves. A. Underwater leaves: This kinds of leaves often exist on the plants whose whole body grow underwater in the water stream. As some region in water stream is deep, which is about 4-5metres, so the light diffused to the bottom is few.
Introduction Oreochromis niloticus (Linnaeus, 1758) is widely distributed in tropical and subtropical Africa in the Volta, Gambia, Senegal, Niger Rivers and the Nile River basin and is native to Lakes Chad, Tanganyika, Albert, Edward, and Kivu (Shipton et al., 2004; Njir et al., 2004). Ethiopia has relatively large area of inland water bodies that contain diverse aquatic ecosystems giving great scientific interest and economic importance. There are different economically and ecologically important species of fish that are found in these water bodies. Adult Oreochromis niloticus have a high degree of plasticity and opportunism in their feeding behaviour and are hence classified as omnivorous (Jauncey, 1998). They are capable of consuming a wide
White Cloud Mountain Minnow, Tanichthys albonubes: Good for Small Unheated Aquariums and Large Bowls White cloud mountain minnows prefer lower temperatures than most tropical fish and for this reason they are often kept in unheated aquaria. Their natural temperatures are 64-71F. They are very small fish, staying under two inches in length. However, they do school so is important to provide enough space for at least a couple of fish, preferably more. Fortunately their small size means that two or three can be kept comfortably in a 2 or 3 gallon aquarium.
Fishes are different species. Some dwell in salty waters only and others in fresh waters only. Basically each one is a fish or an aquatic animal, yet they fall into several millions of natural differences by appearances; shapes, sizes, characters and performances: and secondly by heritable body chemistry or genetic. Even among those who are classified as belonging to the same group some do have their unique genetic or natural differences. All fishes, big and small are alike yet different.
In the term of cultivated species, seaweeds accounts for 89.6 percent followed by finfish for 5.29 percent; crustacean 5.24 percent; mollucs and sea cucumber for less than 1 percent. Dominant species cultivated vary at regional scale. In Sulawesi, seaweed account for 42.96 percent of the total production with an annual economic value of US$ 60.4 million. In addition to
Bivalvia is belonging to phylum Mollusca. The phylum Mollusca is one of the largest most diverse in the animal kingdom (Gosling, 2003). Almost 50000 described species in this phylum are recorded and about 30000 are found live in the marine habitat. Organism classes in phylum Mollusca mostly are soft-bodied animals but most are protected by a hard protective shell. Besides that, animals in this phylum possess a large muscular foot that usually used for the locomotion.
Nestled on the border of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, Pulicat Lake is India's second largest lagoon. Although 90% of the lake falls in Andhra Pradesh, the other 10% comes under Protected Areas of Tamil Nadu. This beautiful lake comes under 'brackish water' lakes, that is, it is saltier than freshwater but not as much as seawater. Previously known as “Pralaya Kaveri”, Pulicat Lake is home to a wide range of aquatic creatures and birds. Therefore the lake has been turned into a bird sanctuary.