1. Tony says the Act of Contrition for Florence because even though he know that he never believed or wouldn’t work he felt that he had to since he had done it for Narciso and Lupito when they were dying.
2. The reason why Vitamin Kid didn’t race tony when he was crossing the bridge was because he was walking with a girl name Ida, who he probably like but wasn’t stated in the book.
3. The reason why Florence death happen before he was able to see the Golden Carp is because Florence death, plays an important role in the development of Antonio’s growing into a man, seeing his close friend die before he could find peace in a god affected his views about his god in a big way. I also believe that it had supported Cico idea of the church god being a jealous god, since Florence died right before he was able to meet a “new God.”
4. Gabriel’s answer to tony question was that he did not believe that things were evil, but that people fear them because they did not understand them. He uses the event at Tellez house how he was afraid of the evil, but Ultima was not since she knew what was happening.
5. The reason why the towns people did not turn on Tenorio is because they all fear him since he is seen as an evil man and with his daughter being witches people feared being cursed by them.
6. The way that is similar is that both of them…show more content… In the end the advice she give tony is in her last words, she blesses tony and tell him “I bless you in the name of all that is good and strong and beautiful, Antonio. Always have the strength to live. Love life, and if despair enters your heart, look for me in the evenings when the wind is gentle, and the owls sing in the hills. I shall be with you.” she leaves him with these last words of how to live his life. To always live his life with strength to never give up in life, to have those he loves around him, and if he is ever in trouble or in need of guidance to listen to the winds and the owls sing and she will be there to help