Animal Testing: Painful, Death-Threatening Experiences

911 Words4 Pages
Animal testing has been getting worse and worse by the minute; 100 million animals die each year from the painful, death-threatening experiences. Animal testing has been around since 322 BC. Some people believe no living creature should ever be treated like that and be put in treacherous experiences that they have no say in to stop them. Others think it is a great, more realistic way for testing products we use on an everyday basis. People all over the world say it's the closest thing were ever going to get to an actual human being. There is a heated debate on whether animal testing should be avoided in the U.S. Should the animals be able to go threw alarming experiences that can cost them their life forever, or should the innocent animals…show more content…
Others think it’s the most accurate, alternative way of testing different products. According to www.peta.org.uk, president Albert Einstein proudly states, “Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and it’s beauty.” He is saying, “treat others like you want to be treated,” including animals. There are 72% of people on this planet that oppose animal testing, the other 28% belongs to people who support this issue. According to Animal Testing - ProCon.org, “animals do not have rights, therefore it is acceptable to experiment on them.” This quote is stating the animals have no say in animal testing, therefore the humans decide if it is ok to use them for…show more content…
According to www.dosomething.org, animal testing is cruel and inhumane. As reported by the Humane Society International, animals in subjects are commonly subjected to force feeding, force inhalation, food and water deprivation, prolonged periods of physical restraint, the infliction of burns and other wounds to study the healing process, the infliction of pain to study its effects and remedies, killing by carbon dioxide asphyxiation, neck-breaking, decapitation, or other means. More than 100 million animals each year have to deal with this cruel and unusual punishment. What if you were the one going through all of these tests and punishments. There are many pros and cons of animal testing. One side agrees, and the other opposes. People all over the world have different opinions on this issue. Should you let the 100 million animals suffer just to fit the need of yourself, or should the animals live the life there suppose to? There is a heated debate on whether animal testing should be avoided in the U.S. Should the animals be able to go threw alarming experiences that can cost them their life forever, or should the innocent animals be tested on to make sure the products we use are safe and fit our
Open Document