Sixteenth Lighthouse Expedition
August 26, 1993 (Happy Twenty-sixth Anniversary)
August 26, 1993, Thursday
- 8:10 am
- Left home.
- 10:50 am
- Arrived in Caseville on Michigan’s Thumb. We had hot dogs and ice cream for lunch at the Dairy Queen.
- 11:30 am
- We took the ferry boat, The North Star, from the Saginaw Bay Marina to Big Charity Island. It was about a one hour trip to the Island. We were surprised the island was being developed! We walked to the Charity Island Light in a light sprinkle. This light is in bad shape and it was sad to see. It did stop raining and we enjoyed a walk along the beach and on the paths through the island.
- 5:00 pm
- The North Star picked us up and returned to Caseville.
- 6:00 pm
- We went to the beach for a quick dip and then back to the DQ for a cone. We headed south and hit an electrical storm on I-75 ( and lots of rain). A lightening bolt hit a power line and it split right in front of us on the highway. Our hearts were pounding but we eventually calmed down.
- 7:30 pm
- We had our anniversary dinner at the Olive Garden in Flint.
- 9:50 pm
- Arrived home.
Trip Total: 1 Lighthouse, 1 day
- Navigational Options
- Return to Expedition Home Page
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
- Go to Alphabetical Index
- Go to Geographical Index
- Search the text of the Lighthouse Entries
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995, 1996 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.