Online Literary Criticism Collection
Martin Amis (1949 – )
|Nationality: British||Periods: British: 20th Century|
novelist, essayist, son of poet Kingsley Amis
Our pages on these individual works by Martin Amis
- The Martin Amis Web
- This definitive site on Martin Amis includes interviews, online texts, reviews, critical material, bibliographies of works by and about the author, biographical sources, and more. A must-see for anyone researching or studying Amis. Maintained by Gavin Keulks, a professor at Western Oregon University.
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Pictures, Interview, Commentary, Criticism, Bibliography, Webliography, Works Available, Works List
- Author: Gavin Keulks
- Martin Amis: Between the Influences of Bellow and Nabokov
- This essay explores Amis’ “stance toward narrative and examines theinfluence of Saul Bellow and Vladimir Nabokov on Britain’s preeminent young novelist. The novelist’s ‘role’ as articulated by Amis is to ‘give’ meaning rather than to ‘discovering’ it. Questions about voice, narrative, structure, and epistemology crop up here as well as other issues posed by post modernists.”
- Contains: Criticism, Commentary, Interview
- Author: Victoria N. Alexander
- From: The Antioch Review Fall 1994
- Keywords: literary supersitition
- Martin Amis: Down London’s Mean Streets
- “There is more to Martin Amis, Mira Stout finds in this profile, than the bad-boy reputation he has developed in the London press. She also interviews Amis’s father, Kingsley. One of England’s original ”angry young men,” and now a Thatcherite, Kingsley thinks that in many ways Martin is a similar kind of writer.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio
- Author: Mira Stout
- From: The New York Times February 4, 1990
- Featured Author: Martin Amis
- “News and Reviews From the Archives of The New York Times.”
- Contains: Commentary, Pictures, Interview
- From: The New York Times on the Web
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Martin Amis outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Martin Amis:
Martin Amis on the About network:
Factual information on Martin Amis:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Martin Amis‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013