Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sarah Orne Jewett (1849 – 1909)
|Nationality: American||Periods: American: 1865-1900
American: 20th Century
Novelist and short-story writer.
Our pages on these individual works by Sarah Orne Jewett
- Sarah Orne Jewett & the Ghost Story
- “Inasmuch as the story is connected to Sarah’s classic Firs, for which the majority of associated tales were already gathered, by Willa Cather, as early as 1919, the prejudice against supernatural literature, which Sarah experienced during her career, would seem indeed to be at the heart of that one story’s long neglect. Her several other weird tales, lacking that special connection with so important a work as Firs, have been afforded even less of a chance of achieving recognition.”
- Contains: Criticism, Commentary
- Author: Jessica Amanda Salmonson
- From: Lady Ferry & Other Uncanny People
- Sarah Orne Jewett (1849-1909)
- Extensive biographical information about Jewett, including a section focussing on her relationship with Annie Fields.
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Pictures, Works List
- Author: Dottie Webb
- From: Nineteenth-century Regional Writing in the United States
- Sarah Orne Jewett
- This site provides a biographical sketch of Sarah Orne Jewett.
- Contains: Sketch, Pictures
- Author: Kim Wells
- Keywords: life, history, biography
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Sarah Orne Jewett outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Sarah Orne Jewett:
Sarah Orne Jewett on the About network:
Factual information on Sarah Orne Jewett:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Sarah Orne Jewett‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013