Online Literary Criticism Collection
Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy (1828 – 1910)
|Nationality: Russian||Periods: Russian: 1700-1917|
writer of the classic works War and Peace and Anna Karenina
Our pages on these individual works by Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy
Check the links in the box to the right for possible criticism about individual works by Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy.
Sorry. There are no general critical sites about Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy currently in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- The Last Days of Leo Tolstoy
- “The Last Days of Leo Tolstoy by Vladimir Chertkov, Tolstoy’s long-timepersonal secretary, disciple and executor of his literary estate, is both a history, a chronicle of Tolstoy’s deathbed scene, and a story, a personal interpretation of that event in a literary genre reminiscent of the Gospels. Chertkov depicts the dying Tolstoy as a kind of Christ-figure, who, by his renunciation of all worldly goods, by his ethics of love and by his very death, saves a suffering humanity.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio
- Author: Vladimir Chertkov
- Reminiscences of Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy
- “These fragmentary notes were written by me during the period when I lived in Oleise and Leo Nikolaevich at Gaspra in the Crimea. They cover the period of Tolstoy’s serious illness and of his subsequent recovery. The notes were carelessly jetted down on scraps of paper, and I thought I had lost them, but recently I have found some of them. . . . I include here an unfinished letter written by me under the influence of the ‘going away’ of Leo Nikolaevich from Yasnaya Polyana, and of his death. I publish the letter just as it was written at the time and without correcting a single word; and I do not finish it, for somehow or other this is not possible.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Pictures
- Author: Maxim Gorky
- From: 1920
- Images of Leo Tolstoy
- This site links to many pictures of Leo Tolstoy, in varying stages of his life.
- Contains: Pictures
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy:
Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy on the About network:
Factual information on Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013