Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling
Back to Links for Writing Table of Contents
Note that almost all the OWLs have extensive sections on grammar and punctuation. This is just a small sample. Jump to the list of OWLs to visit them, especially Purdue, Illinois (below) and University of Victoria.
- Grammar and Punctuation (U Wisconsin-Madison)
- Common Writing Mistakes (Hamilton College) (PDF)
- Checklist of grammatical errors in writing. (PDF)
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Bad Writing (Hamilton College)
- How to Spell (U Arkansas at Little Rock)
- Consolation for poor spellers with some basic spelling rules and tips for looking up words in the dictionary.
- Most Commonly Misspelled Words (U Arkansas at Little Rock)
- A handy table of 87 commonly misspelled words, in alphabetical order.
A+ Research & Writing for high school and college students was created by Kathryn L. Schwartz