Say Hello in the Japanese Language
|English:||Good afternoon||I am (your name)|
|Japanese:||Konnichiwa||Watakushi-wa (your name), desu|
|Pronunciation:||Koh-NEE-cheewah||Wah-TAHK-sheewah (your name), DEHSS|
Did You Know You Were Speaking Japanese?
Words in English from the Japanese language:
- The Japanese Language
- Kids Web: Japanese
- Weekly Japanese Lessons
- Talk Japanese
- Japanese Language Profile
- Sushi Vocabulary
- NASA: Voyager Audio Greeting in Japanese
- Jeffrey’s Japanese-English Dictionary
- English-Japanese Picture Dictionary
- Japanese in Japan learning videos in Japanese with translations
- An Overview of the History of the Japanese Language
- Timeline of Japanese History
- Lessons: Japanese Proverbs
- Kabuki for Everyone
- Joseph Wu’s Origami Page
- Learn to Make Basic Origami
- Castles of Japan
- Traditional Japanese Music
- Japense Prints
- Beginnger’s Guide of Sumo – Japan Sumo Association (Nihon Sumo Kyokai)
- History of the Kimono
- Japanese Dining Etiquette
- Schauwecker’s Guide to Japan: Table Manners
- Japanese Recipes
- Country Study of Japan
- CIA World Factbook: Japan
- Japan: International Travel
Who Can You Talk To?
There are 122,072,000 people in Japan, American Samoa, Argentina, Australia, Belize, Brazil, Canada, Dominican Republic, Germany, Guam, Mexico, Micronesia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States of America who speak Japanese.
Now you can say hello to 122,072,000 people!*
*Source: Ethnologue: Japanese
Say Hello to the World was created by Lorri Mon.
Back to Say Hello homepage.