This can cause depression. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is a disorder that is both mentally and physically challenging. Duchenne Syndrome is caused by the mutation of a gene on the X-chromosome. A muscle protein, dystrophin, is affected by this mutation. The damaged gene cannot make enough dystrophin to work right, so it will result in DMD.
This gene is located on the X chromosome, which is one of the two sex chromosomes. In males (who have only one X chromosome), one altered copy of the COL4A5 gene in each cell is sufficient to cause kidney failure and other severe symptoms of the disorder. In females (who have two X chromosomes), a mutation in one copy of the COL4A5 gene usually only results in hematuria, but some women experience more severe symptoms. A characteristic of X-linked inheritance is that fathers cannot pass X-linked traits to their sons. In approximately 15 percent of cases, Alport syndrome results from mutations in both copies of the COL4A3 or COL4A4 gene and is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern.
The bones do not work properly when not in good condition, and when they have aged, they start not working as properly. They can get worn down from overuse or when you have used your bones your whole life since your bones never change or re replaced. "Some are programmed to die naturally, but conditions like osteoarthritis and osteoporosis are linked with an increased level of cell death. In other words, when a higher number of osteocytes die, the bones become weaker" (World of Anatomy and Physiology). Aging can start at different ages for every person, but for most women it starts in their thirties and for men it usually starts in their fifties.
Hard tissue injuries are injuries that involve the bone such as fractures. Hard tissue injuries are more severe. Surgery is sometimes needed depending on the severity of the injury. A torn anterior cruciate ligament is an example of a soft tissue injury that might require
Interruptions devices, however, can result from head and neck trauma, cervical lymphadenopathy, lung tumors Pancoast, aortic dissection or carotid artery and thoracic aortic aneurysm. Horner 's syndrome can also be caused due to surgical or congenital trauma. Causes: Horner syndrome can occur for many reasons. It can be
ALS may be suspected if there is gradual muscle weakness to muscle loss in 1 or more areas of the body. 75% of ALS victims usually start with the stiffening of the limbs. The other 25% is presented with blubar symptoms. ALS can be managed through knowledge of the disease, adaptive or supportive treatments, or mechanism-specific treatment. There are many things that can go wrong when the disease process starts attacking the respiratory parts of a person’s body, such as making it difficult to swallow or even breathe.
Dermatomyositis is an uncommon inflammatory muscular disease, which involves the degeneration of collagen, discoloration and swelling of the skin and underlying muscle. Dermatomyositis is known by it’s distinctive skin rash and muscle weakness. Dermatomyositis affects children and adults, but it usually affects children between the ages of five and fifteen, and it occurs in adults in their late forties through sixties. Dermatomyositis is also more commonly found in females than males. The cause of dermatomyositis is unknown, but it is believed to be similar to autoimmune disorders where a person’s immune system accidently attacks its own body tissue.
This places the spine in a vulnerable state because it becomes one bone, which causes it to lose its range of motion as well as putting it at risk for spinal fractures. This not only limits mobility but reduces the affected person 's quality of life. These changes may be mild or severe, and may lead to a stooped-over posture. Early diagnosis and treatment helps control pain and stiffness and may reduce or prevent significant deformity. AS can range from mild to progressively debilitating and from medically controlled to refractory forms.
Preventing Osteoporosis, Adult Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to get weaker. With osteoporosis, the bones become thinner, and the normal spaces in bone tissue become larger. This can make the bones weak and cause them to break more easily. People who have osteoporosis are more likely to break their wrist, spine, or hip. Even a minor accident or injury can be enough to break weak bones.
There are several different types of ICH, also known as blood clots, in or around the brain. These can range from mild head injuries to very serious and life threating. An epidural hematoma occurs when a blood clot forms underneath the skull on top of the dura, which is the covering that surrounds the brain. It is caused by a tear in an artery that runs just under the skull called the middle meningeal artery. This type of hematoma is usually associated with a skull fracture.