Persuasive Essay On Obamacare

368 Words2 Pages

Long before he was elected, Donald J. Trump made it clear he wanted to repeal and replace Obama Care. Even as someone who (sometimes) watches the news (with my parents), I still never got a full understanding of it. I’d hear people disapprove of it and and I’d hear others claim that it’s good and we need it. My knowledge basically stopped at the fact it was a healthcare plan. Then I learned that it’s name isn’t even “Obama Care”. The actual authorized name is the ”Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act”. It was set it 2010 while Obama was president, hence the nickname “ObamaCare”. The goal was to make healthcare easier to access with more reasonable prices and quality service. But it’s not for everyone. You have to be above and below a specific income. …show more content…

I can’t say everything is in the clear though. The rates are rising-and this year only 83% of Obamacare users are getting the subsidies they need to afford the coverage. Subsidies, are based on the cost of the insurance plan. They’re used to cover individuals from increasing premiums. The other 17%, if they are unwilling to change plans, will be forced to drop them. In ten years, with Obamacare still intact, federal spending will rise to two trillion. That’s 1 trillion more than what was reported in 2010 during its passing. Keep in mind that as a nation, we’re already in debt by 20 trillion. That’s 13 zeros with a two in front. So, I think it’s more the amount we’re spending on the plan than the idea of the plan itself. Whether or not the POTUS finds a repeal and replace that everyone can agree on, I have a feeling we’ll be spending a lot of money keeping it

Show More
Open Document