Cancer Facts about breast cancer:
1. The leading risk factor for breast cancer is simply being a woman. Though breast cancer occurs in men, the disease is 100 times more common in women than in men and women are at 200 times the risk of developing the disease compared to risk in men.
2. Most breast cancer – about 85 percent – occurs in women who have no family history of breast cancer.
3. About 5 to 10 percent of breast cancers can be traced to specific, inherited gene mutations, such as the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutations.
4. Men can also get breast cancer. About 2,150 are diagnosed annually – or about 1,000 men.
5. A woman born today has about a one in eight chance of being …show more content…
Symptoms could be any type of pain in the breast, signs are changes in the breast; size, form, shape etc. Facts about brain cancer:
1. The most common brain tumors are cancers from other parts of the body (e.g. lung, breast, colon or prostate) that spreads to the brain.
2. Primary brain tumors originate in the brain and there are over 126 such tumors listed by WHOM.
3. Glomma is the commonest primary brain tumor and originates from supporting brain cells that are called glial cells and 50% of all brain tumors begin as benign tumors.
4. Another brain tumor called ‘Astrocytoma’s’ are so named because their cells look like stars; the word ‘Astor’ in Latin means "star".
5. A primary brain tumor usually is restricted to brain and does not spread to other organs. If brain death occurs in these patients, it is possible to donate their organs. Facts about skin …show more content…
2.Lung cancer accounts for about 14 percent of all new cancers.
3.About two out of three people diagnosed with lung cancer are 65 or older.
4.Fewer than 2 percent of all cases are found in people younger than 45.
5.African American men are about 40 percent more likely to develop lung cancer than Caucasian men. The rate is about the same in African American women and in Caucasian women.
Symptoms maybe; A cough that does not go away or gets worse. Chest pain that is often worse with deep breathing, coughing, or laughing. Hoarseness. Weight loss and loss of appetite.
Coughing up blood or rust-colored sputum (spit or phlegm). Shortness of breath.
Feeling tired or weak.
Facts about bone cancer:
1. Osteosarcoma: This is the most common type and occurs mostly in males between the ages of ten and twenty-five. The tumors will occur in the long bones of the legs and arms as well as around the shoulders and knees.
2. Ewing’s Sarcoma: This is an aggressive type of bone cancer that occurs in children who are between the ages of four and fifteen. It is found in the midpoint of the long bones in the legs and
Lifestyle and environmental factors have been closely analyzed for any links that may increase breast cancer risk. During research, it has been found that newer lab tests that are more sensitive, can detect cancer cells that maybe have broken away from the tumor in order to help predict the recurrence of the
Women attaining lower incomes are more likely to experience the worst outcomes when they are diagnosed with breast cancer. Hence, studies have demonstrated that African American women are 40% to 70% risk of being diagnosed with stage 4
Secondary brain tumors originate in other parts of the body and spread to the brain. Usually malignant tumors become secondary tumors which form when cancer spreads from other parts of the body. Symptoms and Diagnosis: The symptoms of brain tumor are seizures, vomiting, headaches, nausea, issues related to vision or hearing, etc. These are the usual symptoms.
Smoking and drinking are the most common culprits that catalyze the growth of cancer in the vocal cord of an individual. Add to this, contaminants and dust and the magnitude of the tumor grows at a surprising pace. Chewing tobacco, smoking tubes, exposure to asbestos, unwholesome diet and poor dental hygiene have also been recognized as leading reasons for throat cancer. Males are two times more susceptible than females and have higher chances of contracting throat cancer once they are past 45 years of age. The numerous kinds of cancer that are classified under throat cancer are: Nasopharyngeal
At the age of 15 I what was called Ewing’s Sarcoma; a kind of cancerous tumor that primarily affects the bones and soft tissues various areas of the body such as the chest area where mine was localized at. Being that I was only 15, this was a type of disease that I have never heard of nor had any
A tumor that originates in the brain is called a primary brain tumor. Most brain tumors in children are primary tumors Secondary Brain Tumor begins in another part of the body and then spread to the brain. These tumors are more common than primary brain tumors and are named by the location in which they originated. Treatment for secondary brain tumors depends on where the cancer started and the extent of the disease.
The vast majority women who is eligible for screening is in between 50 to 74 years but women aged 40 to 49 and 75 years and over are also available. Although women under 40 is in low risk category but still some of them can develop breast cancer. Around 27% of all female cancers are due to breast cancer except skin cancer. So that its high important to make sure that women are getting screening. (11) The success of breast screening program depends on majority voluntary participation.
Women that are a healthy weight after menopause still have a chance of getting breast cancer and being able to live after treatment, but woman that are overweight and even before menopause and getting breast cancer are highly unlike to survive the treatment (www.mydr.com.au ). Here 's a fun fact for you, obesity is also a factor for breast cancer in men to(www.mydr.com.au ). People might not think, but being obese has affects even on your feet that are bad. There is a chance that you can get gout and uric acid in your big toe, so it will make it so your can’t even walk without being in serious pain
In todays society many people still do not know the whole gist of Breast Cancer. There are many misconceptions about Breast Cancer, many being that men cannot get Breast Cancer or that there is only one type of Breast Cancer. Medically and scientifically proven those are absolutely incorrect and in actuality the lifetime risk of a man getting Breast Cancer is about 1 in 1000. In addition to this it has been found that over 100 types of cancer exist. Likewise, there is multiple types of Breast Cancer, Triple Negative being the most aggressive.
A few of the common symptoms of cancer include unexplained weight loss, fever, fatigue, pain, skin changes (hyperpigmentation, jaundice, erythema, pruritis, or excessive hair growth). Some cancers have specific symptoms such as skin cancer, where sores appear that do not heal and may bleed. A long lasting sore in someone’s mouth may be an indication of some kind of oral cancer. Long-term diarrhea, or change in stool size may possibly be a sign of colon cancer.
In a study by Zhi hui et al. a total of 296 breast lesions were examined histologically. Histologic analysis showed that 209 (70.6%) of 296 lesions were benign and 87 (29.4%) of 296 lesions were malignant. In our study maximum number of patients in the fourth decade of life were detected to have benign lesions, whereas malignancy was commonly seen in the sixth decade.
Unfortunately, cancer is still the second leading cause of death in children. Cancers in children are sometimes difficult to detect due to everyday injuries like bruises and bumps or common illnesses which can disguise signs of cancer. While cancers in children are uncommon, it is important to have your
Statement of the Problem Most breast cancer cases are found in women over 35, but tumors that are found in younger women tend to be more aggressive and are associated with lower survival rates (Norman & Cooper, 2011). On average the size of a breast cancer tumor among young women between the ages 16-20 are slightly larger and more progressive than a tumor found in a woman older than 35 (Shin, Park & Kim, 2012). If a lump is found at an early stage there are more chances in removing the cancer before it spreads to other parts of the body. Improving the likelihood that a specific treatment will be successful is merely finding the cancer as soon as possible (Chowdhury & Sultana 2011).
Breast cancer is cancer that grows from breast tissue . Like other cancers, it occurs because of an interaction between external factors or personal behaviors, such as smoking, drinking and diet and about 5% to 10% of breast cancer cases are thought to be hereditary, meaning that they result directly from gene defects (called mutations) passed on from a parent . Cancer is a foremost cause of death worldwide, 8.2 million deaths registered in 2012 . Worldwide, among all types of cancer, breast cancer is the top type of cancer in women, accounting for 25% of all cases . In 2012, it resulted in 1.68 million cases and 522,000 deaths .